BATTLEFIELD 2042 Update 4.0
Update 4.0 for Battlefield 2042 will release next week with over 400 bug fixes, quality of life improvements, and other balance changes. “Updates are on the way and we hope the next few weeks will improve Battlefield 2042 significantly and bring back some experienced players”. Next week, Battlefield 2042 will receive Update 4.0, which is expected to significantly improve the gaming experience.
The game conditions are getting worse and worse, so patch 4.0 could be decisive for the future of the game. The full change log is expected to be published along with the update next week as no official release date has been announced. Update 4.0 for Battlefield 2042 is coming next week, so we don’t have full patch notes yet, but Johnson has tweeted a long preview of what to expect.
What’s new in 4.0?
The biggest news in 4.0 is that the All-New Reapers will be available as a free update for the season pass. They are a completely new class that completely changes the entire game – you won’t be able to find them in the current state.
Secondly, new Weapons of War have been added to the game, including the Stinger and AA-12 from the Halo series. The Bazaar is also getting a complete makeover with items, armor, and a new interface.
Finally,client-side code updates are coming for the best-case scenario. The game is expected to receive a complete update this coming week, with the new tools and features making the process much easier.
The new class features of the Stinger and AA-12 will be removed, replaced by a new, powerful class: the Reapers.
The Reapers are the original class from the first game, and are returning this time. The Reapers have changed the entire game, making them the dominant class, and giving new players a huge challenge. The Reapers are a force to be reckoned with, and we’re looking forward to seeing them in action in the game.
Beyond the return of the Reapers, Balance Changes include:
– Increased artillery damage in close-quarters combat.
– Increased damage dealt by explosive devices in each room of a structure.
– Reduced damage caused by stuns, roots, and silence effects.
– Reduced damage caused by Psychic Styles.
– Reduced damage caused by silenced, psych-disabled, and immobilized targets.
– Reduced damage caused by knockback effects.
More Fixes and Enhancements
– Fixed an issue where weapon accuracy could be reduced by more than 10% in co-operative matches.
– Fixed an issue where death in combat could occur if a player was using an item that caused the death of other players.
– Fixed an issue where the Scout class wasn’t receiving the correct buffs for their role in the team.
– Fixed an issue where AI bots would sometimes be unable to enter a building.
– Fixed an issue where the player’s vision would get choppy when they were in a vehicle.
– Fixed an issue where the camera would freeze when the player was aiming an extended shot.
– Fixed an issue where the AI would sometimes throw objects that were too large or too small for the players to catch.
The biggest change in 4.0 is the introduction of the ‘Ditch the Big Guys’ mode. In this mode, the only ones who will be affected by the balance changes will be the Big Guys – the REapers, the Infiltrators, and the Destroyers.
– The Big Guys are removed, and replaced by the Ditch the Big Guys, a new class with a completely different fighting style, and base classes that don’t change very often.
– The Ditch the Big Guys’ base class is a ground-based, machine-breaking melee attacker with a large blast radius.
– The Ditch the Big Guys’ special ability is to simply walk out of combat, causing them to be removed from the battlefield.
The Last-Chance Events feature is getting a makeover this time, too, with new items and a revamped code.
– The Last-Chance Events update will be a rework of sorts, with items and battle data being replaced with new, updated information.
– The update will include improvements to the competitive environment, as well as an emphasis on supporting your friends.
– The Last-Chance Events update will be the first step toward creating a Last-Chase event, where each team will play a final match and then Ditch the Big Guys and survive to the next round.
– This event would take place in a specially designed arena in an effort to bring players together in real time.
Ditch the Big Guys
The Big Guys are getting a makeover in 4.0, too, with new armor, weapon, and item classes, and an update that ditches them in the dust.
– The Big Guys will remain in their current form, with their original base class, the Mauler, and an updated description.
– The update will include tweaks to the competitive environment, as well as an emphasis on supporting your friends.
– The Big Guys will be available as premium classes, and will be available on the Origin Access service until their availability as a free class is determined.
– The update will also include tweaks to the class’s movement speed and attack speed, to make them more agile and maneuverable in combat.
The biggest news in 4.0 for Battlefield 2042 is the introduction of the All-New Reapers as a free update for the season pass. They are a completely new class that completely changes the entire game – you won’t be able to find them in the current state.
The new weapons, armor, and features for the game are also getting updates in 4.0, and the Last-Chance Events will be a big deal. The new classes will also be on the way next week, and the update will be full of balance changes and bug fixes.
In short, 4.0 for Battlefield 2042 is the biggest update yet, and it could change the entire game for the better.